100 Reasons to Exercise Now
- Because it makes you feel confident
- Because it helps you get stronger
- Because exercise helps combat depression
- Because you’ll feel proud of yourself
- Because you have goals you want to reach
- Because you’ll feel bad if you don’t
- Because you want to move forward, not backward
- Because itburns more caloriesthan not working out
- Because it improves your heart health
- Because you want a great butt
- Because it prevents diabetes
- Because you want to be a good example to your kids
- Because you want to feel good in your clothes
- Because it reduces your risk of cancer
- Because your body was made to move
- Because you want to be an athlete
- Because you want to look better
- Because it lifts your mood
- Because you want to stand taller
- Because it reduces back pain
- Because it feels good
- Because it makes you feel accomplished
- Because you spend most of your day on your butt
- Because swimsuit season is always coming
- Because strong is the new skinny
- Because dieting only works so much
- Because it strengthens your bones, too
- Because it helps youlose weight
- Because it allows you to eat more food
- Because it’s the best way to spend “me” time
- Because it helps you de-stress
- Because it’s cheaper than therapy
- Because you want astrong core
- Because you want to take care for yourself
- Because you take pride in your body
- Because it strengthens your legs
- Because it helps your clothes fit better
- Because you want to push yourself
- Because you are capable of more than you ever imagined
- Because moving your body feels good
- Because it keeps your mind sharp
- Because it helps you beat belly bloat
- Because it helps you sleep better at night
- Because it gives you energy
- Because you want to stay healthy as you age
- Because you want to look younger
- Because you want toned arms
- Because it improves your balance
- Because it burns off last night’s dessert
- Because it boosts your immune system
- Because sweat is sexy
- Because you want to live longer
- Because you want to get better at your game
- Because you want to catch someone’s eye
- Because exercisers earn more money
- Because you’re more likely to eat better when you exercise
- Because you want to shave time off your running pace
- Because you want to breathe easier
- Because you want to see the scale drop
- Because exercise improves your sex life
- Because you are worth it
- Because being fit makes everything in life better
- Because you promised yourself that you would
- Because you deserve a better life
- Because it’ll help you drink more water
- Because you want to do real push-ups
- Because it reduces your health care costs
- Because you’ll miss fewer days of work
- Because you want to create a new future for yourself
- Because it’ll help you like what you see in the mirror
- Because it’ll makes clothing shopping more fun
- Because you want to look and feel incredible
- Because exercising can be fun
- Because it’ll give your skin a glow
- Because it’s a good way to spend time with your friends
- Because it’ll help you prevent the middle-age spread
- Because it reduces your blood pressure
- Because you don’t want to let yourself go
- Because you don’t want to squeeze into an airplane or rollercoaster seat
- Because it strengthens your spirit
- Because it’s a cheap way to entertain yourself
- Because you’ll be able to reward yourself
- Because you need a reason to wear those new workout clothes
- Because you’re tired of being tired
- Because not working out is not going to get you very far
- Because it’s a great way to spend time outside
- Because you made a commitment to yourself
- Because you’re tired of starting over
- Because there will always be another wedding, vacation or reunion
- Because you’re not a quitter
- Because it improves your cholesterol
- Because itboosts your metabolism
- Because it prevents age-related muscle loss
- Because if you can do this, you can do anything
- Because a fit body is a healthy body
- Because it beats sitting on the couch
- Because everyone has at least 10 minutes to spare
- Because you want to be stronger than your excuses
- Because not working out isn’t working out for you
- Because the only workout you ever regret is the one you skip
Every time I don’t have the motivation to workout I read these. It helps so much!
Keep it going. 10 million by election day!
THE MOST POPULAR POST ON TUMBLR.
i reblog this every single time i see it
My Tips on Fitting Exercise Into Your Busy Schedule:
- Schedule it - Mark it on your calendar or planner and treat it as an important meeting, not to be missed!
- Wake up earlier - For a lot of people, waking up earlier than normal is a horrible inconvenience.. but it’s also a great way to get a workout in before your day has even officially begun! (Trust me, it’s such an awesome feeling walking out of the gym as all your fellow bleary-eyed gym-goers are just walking in!)
- Keep your workout gear close-by - By keeping a set of workout clothes in your car at all times, you give yourself NO excuse not to hit the gym after school or work. Just swing by the gym on your way home
- No gym? No problem! - Bodyrocktv on Youtube has AWESOME, intense, at-home workouts that you can do for $0 and minimal time! There are also a massive amount of workout DVDs available online.
- Avoid the elevator - You can burn extra calories by skipping modern conveniences. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park far away, not in front of the store, skip the car and take your bike..
- Take breaks - Get up from your desk, stretch and go for a quick walk to the coffee machine or the water fountain. Sitting for long periods of time is unhealthy, so give yourself a break.
- Use time wisely - While you’re waiting for the shower to heat up or your ride to arrive, do jumping jacks, push ups, squats, burpees.. anything you feel like to get your body moving. At least it’s SOMETHING.
- Squeeze it in - Even if you don’t have one giant block of time, you can squeeze in 10 minutes here and there of something like Yoga, Pilates or Tabata style workouts.
- On the phone? Walk! - Don’t sit if you spend a lot of time on the phone. When given the opportunity, walk and talk.
If exercise and health is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse. You’ve only got one body, take care of it! =)
Ran 10k in less than an hour today, I’m so freakin’ proud and I feel great, the endorphins are everywhere and hell I feel that a morning run every Saturday should be a part of my schedule too.
I’m going to a party tonight where there’ll be lots of food and baked gods but I’ll keep it small and resist the sweets, as a part of my monthly October goal to only eat dessert once a week and I have already done that so today is not dessert day. Just gotta get back on track, my parents forced me to have rest-days for a week and a half and I can see that my muscles are hidden again in a way they weren’t before so now it’s even harder workouts because my goal is to be lean until Christmas.
I can do it!
This definitely deserves a reblog, no matter what kind of blog you have.
I didn’t have the heart not to reblog.
so sad :/